from sketch to Photoshop and beyond
Learn how to create stunning, professional lettering through 75 HD video lessons, including brush lettering, paint pen lettering, micron lettering, and iPad Pro lettering.
This course is quite literally everything I've learnt about hand lettering. I've poured all my experience as a designer, illustrator, and lettering artist into this, and absolutely know you'll come out of it with the same passion and love for creating that I feel every time I put brush pen to paper.
It's a HUGE 16 module video course covering not just one lettering style, but exploring four, including warmups, tools, exercises, theory, and reconstructing real-world examples for each style.
There's seriously so much info in this course. I'm talking 75 video lessons!
My aim here is to create practical, actionable lessons from the very first introduction of materials right up to working with your new lettering pieces in Photoshop, Illustrator, and on iPad Pro.
This course will take you from complete beginner to effortlessly creating incredible lettering art in multiple styles, both digital and hand-made.
You will learn:
- The theory behind how letters are structured
- The tools of the trade; what to use for what style
- The basic strokes, exercises, worksheets, and best practice words
- The alphabet as done with brush pens, paint pens, micron pens, and on an iPad Pro
- How to move from the alphabet to working with full words
- The easy way to use Photoshop and Illustrator
- 8 class projects, taking you step-by-step from initial sketches to finished piece
- A guide to continued learning, well beyond this course
- ...and much more!
StartBrush Pen – First Steps (5:20)
StartPractice Exercises for Brush Pen Lettering (8:37)
StartPaint Pens - First Steps (6:35)
StartPractice Exercises for Paint Pen/Monoline Lettering (7:21)
StartMicrons – First Steps (6:39)
StartPractice Exercises for Micron Lettering (5:28)
StartiPad Pro and Apple Pencil – First Steps (7:24)
StartPractice Exercises for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil (7:22)
"This has been so useful, so clearly formatted & explained, and generally a joy to work through. Thank you very much for sharing."
- Stephen Long, Lettering Studio student
"I can’t wait to start! I’ve been meaning to do something like this for 2 years. Thank you for making it easy for me to finally jump in"
- Melanie Fisher-Wellman, Lettering Studio student
"The Illustrator section was what I signed up for and it met all expectations – the kind of basic 101 that most other tutorials assumed I already knew. Really useful!"
- Moya, Lettering Studio student
"A huge thanks to you for making these tutorials!! These have helped me get into hand lettering, which is a skill I never thought I would be good at. Thanks for opening the world of lettering for us beginners."
- Shivam Sharma, Lettering Studio student
Hi! I'm James. I’m from Sydney, Australia, and I’ve been drawing since before I can remember. I majored in Visual Art in high school, studied Design and Fine Arts at university, currently work as a Product Designer for a web publishing company, and can’t seem to stop drawing letters.